“Learn why you’re doing what you’re doing.”
Dr. Smertka rejoins us for some follow up questions and answers after last week’s show.
Some of the questions answered this week are:
- Do you foresee any changes occurring with the definition of shock in the context of trauma?
- What are some common errors providers make when assessing GCS?
- Do you foresee any changes that could effect the benefit of ALS in trauma?
- What are your thoughts on TXA?
- Do you foresee a time, perhaps with Ultrasound, when patients bypass the ED for immediate surgery?
- Is there anything that EMS does that complicates or worsens your management of trauma patients?
- Is there anything that EMS does (or can do) that greatly improves patient outcomes?
- If you had to give EMS one bit of advice that you feel would save the most amount of lives, what would that be?
- Podcast featured image copyright Paul Kehrer (Creative Commons)